Going into the New Year we believe it is important to maintain a positive outlook now more than ever. Our Restart & Reset 2021 initiative aims to reinforce this positive policy by encouraging our customers to remain active, eat well and start that year as we mean to continue. In helping our customer’s kick-start 2021 we will continue to offer our customers healthy nourishing food made with the best seasonal Irish produce. At the centre of our Restart & Reset Campaign is the arrival of our new Nourish Pack, a collection of healthy nourishing meal options to kick-start the year. This along with all of our Fresh Food Hampers can delivered to your door nationwide.
In line with this here are a couple of healthy and nourishing recipes for a cold snowy January recommended by award winning head Chefs. We suggests these healthy recipes for you to try and enjoy in the coming months!
Irish Lamb Stew
1 kg diced Irish lamb (neck)
245g diced white onion
4g crushed garlic
4 g thyme and rosemary (from your garden if possible)
32g lrish salted butter
32g plain flour
160g good white wine
700g good chicken stock
245g diced carrots 20 x 20 mm
200g diced celeriac 20 x 20 mm
245g diced potatoes 40 x 40 mm
16g flat leaf parsley
- Fry lamb in hot pot until sealed and golden on the outside
- Remove and let fat strain off
- Add onions, garlic, thyme and rosemary and fry on a low heat until soft.
- Add butter and allow melting, adding flour and making a roux.
- Add white wine and reduce by half.
- Add chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Add lamb, carrots, celeriac and potatoes.
- Simmer for 1 hour or until the lamb is tender and cooked
- Add parsley and serve in large bowls with Butler’s Pantry white crusty bread.
Smoked Veg Chilli
280g cracked bulgur wheat
140g diced white onion
7g crushed garlic
7g cumin seed crushed
6g smoked paprika
7g dried marjoram
200g kidney beans (tinned)
170g small-diced mixed peppers 10 x 10mm
100g small-diced red onions
170g small-diced courgettes 10 x 10 mm
10g smoked chipotles chillies
450g good veg stock
800g tomato pulp
10g Dijon mustard
- Gentle fry white onions, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, dried marjoram and smoked chipotles.
- Add bulgur wheat and gentle stir; allow absorbing of all the spices.
- Add white wine, reduce by half.
- Add veg stock and tomato pulp, cook out until bulger is cooked, 20mins.
- In separate frying pan, quick fry on high heat, peppers, red onions and courgettes, colour on all sides.
- Add veg, kidney beans and Dijon mustard to bulgur wheat.
- Serve in large bowls with Butler’s Pantry white crusty bread.