Chorizo and root vegetable broth with chickpeas and parmesan
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
- Serves: 04 Persons
To turn this broth into a main meal, pan-fry some scallops, add in and serve with some crusty bread.
- Sweat shallots, garlic, bay leaf, chorizo and smoked paprika in a little olive oil for a couple of minutes.
- Add the diced carrot and diced celery to the pot and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add in the vegetable stock and bring up to a boil, then turn down to simmer and cook out for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the cooked chickpeas.
- Finally add in the rocket and check the seasoning. Just before serving add in the basil leaves and shaved parmesan.