Porridge Bread with Pumpkin Seeds
- Prep: 20 mins
- Skill: Child Friendly
- Cook: 50 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 mins
This is one of the very simplest breads that you can make at home, as there is no yeast or proving involved. I make it at home with my daughters on rainy afternoons and we all enjoy it toasted with butter and some home-made jam or alongside a bowl of soup. I find that children are much more likely to eat something healthy when they’ve had a hand in making it themselves; home-baking doesn’t always have to be about sweet things.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c (160c fan)/ 350f/ gas mark 4.
- Mix the ground flax seeds with the water and leave for 10 minutes.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Add the yogurt to the water and flax seed and mix well, then add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Grease a bread tin with a little butter and add in the mixture.
- Place the bread into the pre-heated oven and cook for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and slice when cooled.